research scientist in immuno-hematology and inmmuno-oncology
• Completed his medical studies at the Medical University Temesvár. Obtained a PhD in immono-hematology and inmmuno-oncology at the Medical Faculty of Shinshu University in Matsumoto, Nagano Prefecture, Japan. Published his results in high ranking scientific journals including Leukemia and Cancer Research.
• Subsequently moved to Seattle, WA, USA to work at the Clinical Research Division at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center. Conducted research in dendritic cell biology and T cell cross-priming, with results published in the high-impact Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America.
• Worked for a year as a Senior Scientist at the Department of Immunology at the Institute for Biomedical Aging Research, Austrian Academy of Sciences, Innsbruck, Austria. Conducted research in immuno-gerontology on T cell aging.
• Professor at Temesvár University since 2007, supervised cell and molecular biology education and a number of national and international research projects.
• Joined Vascular Research Group as a Senior Scientist in 2018.